Senior Bar Person Required
We are seeking a committed friendly proactive person who would enjoy working at a private members’ golf club on the beautiful Yorkshire coast. The successful applicant will promote and develop the business, hire and train assistants and ensure that members and visitors receive excellent drinks and top quality service. They will also be financially astute, (cash reconciliation and handling) manage stock and resources, help to plan promotional events and seek to increase profits and maximise customer service and satisfaction.
The responsibilities will encompass:
• Negotiating supplier contracts, inventory control managing budgets and setting goals.
• Training staff to provide high quality service.
• Creating effective work schedules and ensuring that the bar is well staffed at peak times.
• Setting and enforcing, health Safety and hygiene controls and legislation.
• Planning of and participating in promotional events.
• Maintaining a safe and convivial atmosphere for customers.
• Good educational standard.
• Restaurant or management experience is generally preferred.
• Good understanding of business management and accounting principles.
• Problem solving and customer service skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work during peak hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Effective at delegation and maximising resources.
Salary and hours will be discussed at interview with successful applicants.
Applications in the first instance including up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing two references, confidentially to ;-
Filey Golf Club